Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ???lenny-ignore????

On Tue, Oct 21 2008, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>  acceleration, right? So the box can be installed, and is usable for
>>  non-gaming purposes. The drm stuff can possibly be gotten from non
>
> You can always use VESA, yes.  I don't think the X.org driver can get an ATI
> GPU to work without the memory management *microcode* (but I didn't know that
> thing was still non-free).

        That should be good enough to install, and then add non-free to
 sources.list and get the firmware required for the driver to work
 (absent a non-free debian installer that bundles non-free bits). This
 is no different from what I have had to do already for my nvidia card
 (degraded X support until I arranged to have non-free nvidia drivers
 installed). I would think that was an acceptable solution.

        manoj
--
There is no fire like desire. There is no hold like anger. There is no
net like ignorance. There is no river like craving. 251