Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged 'lenny-ignore'?

Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> writes:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >         Hmm. I am not so sire it is nonsense. Yes, the release
> >  team is not alone in this, and, really, all of us are somewhat to
> >  blame for not helping the kernel team fix the DFSG violations.
> >  But I don't think that the release team is blameless, either,
> >  since they decided to release with DFSG violating code.
>
> We didn't decide to release yet...

That's not the point being made: As I understand Manoj's point, it is
that tagging a bug ‘lenny-ignore’ is an active decision that a
particular bug, even if it represents a DFSG violation, will not be
considered in the decision to release.

To that extent, it *is* making the decision that it is acceptable to
release Debian with DFSG-violating works, in advance of the decision
to actually release.

--
 \          “As the evening sky faded from a salmon color to a sort of |
  `\   flint gray, I thought back to the salmon I caught that morning, |