Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged 'lenny-ignore'?

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20 2008, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 09:38:00PM +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:

>> ... and if it is *not* different, why should be the release managers
>> be considered responsible for it? They "just" decide (and kudos for
>> all their hard work, BTW) if something which is already in Debian gets
>> released or not.
>
>         I am not sure that violating a foundation document falls under
>  the powers of a delegate. I wish it did, being a delegate, but it does
>  not. I looked.

Stop this nonsense, it's not the release team that is violating a
foundation document. It's Debian as a whole and it's happening now, not
when we release or not. The only thing we did as a release team is to
make clear that we don't want to delay the release if these bugs won't
get fixed. As always we don't object that lenny-ignore bugs would get
fixed before lenny.

Cheers

Luk