Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ‘lenny-ignore’?

On Mon, Oct 20 2008, Robert Millan wrote:

> Btw, I'm looking for supporters for a GR to stop this gross violation
> of the SC.  Any DDs who read this, please let me know if you're
> interested.

        Actually, I think we need a GR on the lines of
,----
|  http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_007
|  General Resolution: Handling source-less firmware in the Linux kernel
`----

        To get a special dispensation for lenny.

        If someone were to propose such a GR, I would second it. If the
 DPL gives us leave to cut down discussion and voting to a week, we
 could get the decision in a couple of weeks.

        I do not think that willfully violating the social contract is a
 decision for a few delegates to make -- we, as a project, should
 acknowledge the need for and make a special exception to release Debian
 with known non-free bits in it.

        manoj
--
If Machiavelli were a programmer, he'd have worked for AT&T.