Re: [RFC] How should rsyslog handle .0 logfiles from sysklogd

On Fri,19.Sep.08, 23:57:54, Michael Biebl wrote:

> Afaics I have the following options.
> 1.) Do nothing and simply document this fact in README.Debian, telling
> the admin that he can safely delete this files if he no longer needs them.

I would have rather suggested NEWS.Debian if apt-listchanges was higher
priority. Anyway, this should also be documented in the release notes.

After reading this I went on cleaning my /var/log/ and found some recent
.0 files (I switched to rsyslog in July):

$ ls -la /var/log/*.0
-rw-r----- 1 root adm  51123 2008-09-19 22:09 /var/log/dmesg.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 46714 2008-09-13 06:25 /var/log/popularity-contest.0

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)