Re: nut package freeze exception request (dependency based boot)

[Anton Martchukov]
> Can we work out a common solution for the problem? Now apcupsd,
> genpower, nut (in testing), powstatd create ups-monitor symlink in
> init.d since they provide ups-monitor virtual package. However,
> insserv cannot solve dependencies since it discovers several init
> scripts providing ups-monitor.

Why is the symlink provided?  Where is the definition of the
ups-monitor virtual package written down?  What is using this symlink?
I assume a good solution should take into account the answers to these
questions. :)

So far I have only found the virtual package name defined, and no
explanation about what packages providing this package name is
expected to implement, nor how it is used.  A quick grep in /etc/ for
the name sent me to /etc/init.d/halt.

Is it the only user?  If so, perhaps the patch from Kel is the best
way to fix it.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen