Re: Annoying GTK2 file dialogue - where to file the BUG?

Dear Sam,

thank you for your patient and thorough reply.
I added my points to some existing bug reports - I hope
they won't get me wrong.

Am Samstag 09 August 2008 schrieb Sam Morris:
> This is simply due to the default GTK+ theme being, well, rubbish. If
> you change your theme to the default GNOME theme then things will
> look much better. You can do this by running
> gnome-appearance-properties which appears to work by fiddling with
> the values of the gconf keys under '/desktop/gnome/interface'.

Well, with KDE, I get a /!\ Warning:
"Unable to start the settings manager 'gnome-settings-daemon'.
Without the GNOME settings manager running, some preferences may not
take effect. This could indicate a problem with Bonobo, or a non-GNOME
(e.g. KDE) settings manager may already be active and conflicting with
the GNOME settings manager."

Maybe I need to install Gnome Desktop and run this tool from there?
But maybe there is a global option to replace the gtk+ FileChooser by
any other fileselectbox (as known from Atari GEMDOS)...

@Michael: You are possibly right - but:
- Developers tend to know better what component is responsible
- Next to bugzilla, a developer list might be a working option
  to reach the GTK+ coders themselves.

Sorry
rUdi