A tool for tracking masked updates to stable packages

Hi,

I've just started to do research in order to write a tool which I was
always missing. What I have so far is just a brief "background"
information, explaining the problem - see below.

I thought it might be good to ask here if I'm not trying to reinvent
something that already exists. Or maybe someone has some ideas about
this issue?

--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org>             http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216