Re: A tool for tracking masked updates to stable packages

[Marcin Owsiany]
> I thought it might be good to ask here if I'm not trying to reinvent
> something that already exists. Or maybe someone has some ideas about
> this issue?

One idea that occured to me, was to use the information collected by
popularity-contest to see how many are using backported packages and
locally changed packages, and also which packages this happen to.  It
could be input to the stable release managers on which packages to
update in stable. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen