Re: Screenshots of GUI applications (again)

Quoth Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org>, on 2008-07-24 00:33:01 +0200:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:53:14AM -0500, Drake Wilson wrote:
> > One data point: a screenshot with no window decorations loses a small
> > amount of information, primarily the caption used for the window.
> > Interesting ways of working around this might involve storing the
> > caption as metadata, or storing the screenshot with decorations and
> > then storing the rectangle corresponding to the client area as
> > metadata.
>
> You are assuming "one application = one window", aren't you?

Well, there's a difference between "one application is one window" and
"one screenshot is one window"; if you have multiple windows in a
single screenshot then you have to have the decorations so that you
can tell them apart, so none of the above comes into play.

But yes, I think the thread is wandering somewhat, so I'll shut up
now.  :-)

   ---> Drake Wilson