Re: FHS and /var/www

Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Moving from /var/www to /srv/www gains nothing - We would still have
> all webservers throwing files where they are not supposed to, to a
> user-managed directory.

There's a large difference between Debian as a whole violating the FHS
by using a nonstandard top-level directory in /var, and individual
violating the FHS by writing files to /srv in a manner that the FHS
doesn't allow. The current situation is a black eye in our claims to
take the FHS seriously. /srv-abusing packages would be RC-buggy.

--
see shy jo