Re: Good communication with upstream is good idea

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Launchpad can already be used as an openid /provider/ today, but I haven't
> heard anything to indicate it will allow logins via other openid providers;
> is more information available about this somewhere?

 (I don't have more information; like you I just witnessed progress on
 OpenID support indirectly :-)

> And even if LP accepted other openid providers, one would still have to log
> in to LP the first time in order to configure which openid provider to use,
> which I guess is still going to be more effort than some are interested in
> doing. :)

 Good point -- of course that's still an improvement as it's only once
 per account instead of being once per (host, browser, account), and
 removing the need for a LP specific password entirely.

--
Loïc Minier