Re: Good communication with upstream is good idea

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 09:38:01AM -0700, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> What is the problem with closing the Debian bugs in the Debian
> changelog, and letting the Ubuntu MOTU (I hope I am using the right
> terminology here) handle the Ubuntu bug tracking?

No one is saying that Debian developers *have* to close Ubuntu bugs.
Steve was just describing that it is possible for Debian developers to
address Ubuntu bugs if they choose to.  Just like some upstream authors
may reference Debian bugs when they fix problems, Debian (as upstream
for Ubuntu) can do the same.  Choose as much or as little involvement as
you like.

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>