Re: Clarification about bug #463538 is needed

On 7/19/08, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> It's missing either setsid or ioctl("/dev/tty", TIOCNOTTY).  The
>  semi-standard daemon() function does the right thing.  Here's a public
>  domain replacement (which assumes you have an Autoconf probe for whether
>  setsid is available).  It depends on a wrapper around standard system
>  headers, but I expect you get the idea and could fix that.

Huge thanks to all of you who took your time to answer! Indeed if I
add a call to setsid() the services become starting and daemonizing
fine. So, it's really a bug in Erlang and I'm going to report it
upstream (together with fixing in current version in unstable and
eventually in testing).

--
Sergei Golovan