Re: Clarification about bug #463538 is needed

On 7/19/08, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> wrote:

> Umm, if that patch fixes it (removing the TIOCSCTTY) then it seems to
>  me that the erlang-based service will instead exit when the user who
>  installed the server logs out. Evidently the services in erlang are
>  not properly disassociating themselves from the terminal and this
>  patch just makes it more obvious...

Erlang does exactly the following when detaches from a terminal:

 if (start_detached) {
   int status = fork();
   if (status != 0)
     return 0;
   status = fork();
   if (status != 0)
     return 0;

   close(0);
   open("/dev/null", O_RDONLY);
   close(1);
   open("/dev/null", O_WRONLY);
   close(2);
   open("/dev/null", O_WRONLY);
 }
 {
   execv(emu, Eargsp); /* executing the main Erlang emulator */
 }

Is this behavior incorrect?

--
Sergei Golovan