Re: Clarification about bug #463538 is needed

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Sergei Golovan <sgolovan@nes.ru> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Currently APT fails to start all services which are based on Erlang
> (see bug #463538, [1]). It starts the service successfully but after
> apt-get finishes the service process get killed.
>
> I've found a one-line-patch which fixes this bug (see [2]) but I'm not
> sure if it's correct and doesn't break something else.

Umm, if that patch fixes it (removing the TIOCSCTTY) then it seems to
me that the erlang-based service will instead exit when the user who
installed the server logs out. Evidently the services in erlang are
not properly disassociating themselves from the terminal and this
patch just makes it more obvious...

Have a nice day,