Re: gnome, kde, xfce use non-policy main menu

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 13:41:30 -0400
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> Mikhail Gusarov wrote:
> > fd.o menus are designed to allow distro-specific policy. It's the
> > matter of Debian KDE/Gnome packaging/menu policy to get the proper
> > subset of the packages in menu (e.g. moving Gnome/gtk applications
> > deeper in KDE menu and Qt/KDE - in Gnome one).
>
> That might work for gnome and kde, which are both fairly well defined,
> to ignore menu items belonging to each other, but won't it be a game
> of whack-a-mole for the rest of the things with menu entries?

And depends on the package maintainer being cooperative.  Because there
is no debian policy on this if a package maintainer disagrees they
don't have to hide their menu entry.

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore