Re: Generating debian package using cmake (take 3)

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Joey Hess has done some work to allow debhelper to handle the case of files
> under debian/ that should be ignored (since they can't be deleted as part of
> a diff); I'm afraid I don't know the current state of this work and haven't
> heard of it being much used in practice to date, so I don't know that it's
> very practical - I certainly think it's ugly to have to do things this way,
> even if it's /possible/ to work around upstream shipping debian/ in the
> tarball.

BTW, the new source format "3.0 (quilt)" will always ignore any
pre-existing debian dir in the .orig tarball. It will completely remove
that directory (if it exists) before unpacking the debian tarball.

So this is a problem that is approaching its end.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog