Re: Generating debian package using cmake (take 3)

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:19:54 +0200, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> said:

> Well I was told that this is also a bad idea, and a maintainer should
> not include those debian specific file directly in the upstream
> source.

>   [Aim]

> So my question is: is this correct ?

>   [Fire]

> If this is correct, I have to exclude the 'debian' directory when
> creating a release tarball.  If this is ok to leave the debian
> directory, should the packager maintain a diff to the upstream source
> debian files, or should he/she just pretend those file are not there ?

        Opinions are likely to be divided upon this, but my take is that
 it is a royal pain in the posterior having to deal with upstream
 ./debian files, espescially if they chose a build system wildly
 different from mine (cdbs,, or yada, or stacked patches). I've gone to
 the extent of repacking upstream sources to delete the ./debian
 directory, though mostly one can get away with overriding some files,
 and removing others in the clean target.

        manoj
--
Your fly might be open (but don't check it just now).