Re: Tracking divergence from upstream as a bug

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:

> However, from a bug submitter point of view, I don't think I want to
> see the bug report kept open (tagged divergence) after it has
> actually been closed by a Debian-specific patch. As upstream it
> might make a fair bit of sense but as a user / bug submitter, it
> will just look odd.

Would your opinion be different if the bug was "fixed" but not closed
nor archived, until the "divergence" tag is gone?

> A user reporting a bug in foo should not still be wondering why the
> bug is open after the fix has been applied.

Isn't that a matter easily resolved by presenting the bug information
appropriately in the interface?

--
 \        “Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code |
  `\     will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.” —John |