Re: Package maintenance in $HOME os an NFS share? (best practices survey)

Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> writes:

> On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 23:58:26 +1000, Ben Finney
> <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> >I choose Bazaar <URL:http://bazaar-vcs.org/> where possible for
> >version control of my software projects.
>
> Am I the only one who finds answering a question a la "tool A is my
> tool of choice, but it doesn't do a tiny little detail just as I
> want it to do, can it be tweaked" with "use tool B, it's superior
> anyway" totally unconstructive and also a little offensive?

Nope, that sure does sound offensive. I'm glad nobody has done that in
this thread.

Or are you saying you find "I choose foo because of reason bar and
baz" indistinguishable from "Use foo, it's superior anyway"?

--
 \       "I got food poisoning today. I don't know when I'll use it."  |
  `\                                                  -- Steven Wright |