Re: intend to hijack GnuPG

* Daniel Leidert (daniel.leidert@wgdd.de) [080419 17:51]:
> x-post, fup2 debian-devel if possible
> Am Samstag, den 19.04.2008, 09:57 +0200 schrieb Andreas Barth:
> > * Laszlo Boszormenyi (gcs@debian.hu) [080419 07:42]:
> > > I intend to hijack GnuPG[1], but as it builds an udeb and has priority
> > > important, I ask if the Release Team allow it.
> [..]
> > And, BTW, most of us (including me) have a paid dayjob, and are of
> > course active on that one for the contracted time - for obvious reasons.
> > Telling that I would neglect Debian because I'm spending more time on my
> > dayjob than Debian wouldn't motivate me, and that's probably the same
> > for everyone else. I also have to say that last time I spoke with elmo
> > on IRC, he answered within minutes to me.
>
> There are >130(!) open reports and even after taking a quick look at
> them I found:

I never claimed that gnupg is actively maintained (or the opposite).

I just claimed (and I still do) that there is a process for (possible)
MIA maintainers, which doesn't involve the debian-release list. I also
pointed out that comparing activity in the paid dayjob with activity in
spare time doesn't really help anything.

The correct way to continue this now is not sending lots of bad mails
and finger-pointing, but following the process outlined in the
developers reference.

Cheers,
Andi
--