Re: intend to hijack GnuPG

[moving to -devel to make Christian happy]

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 09:57:44AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> And, BTW, most of us (including me) have a paid dayjob, and are of
> course active on that one for the contracted time - for obvious reasons.
> Telling that I would neglect Debian because I'm spending more time on my
> dayjob than Debian wouldn't motivate me, and that's probably the same
> for everyone else. I also have to say that last time I spoke with elmo
> on IRC, he answered within minutes to me.

I don't see how any of that is relevant.  If I know I'm going to be too
busy to do something, I'm not going to commit to doing it well.  I'm not
going to commit to doing it at all.  If I have the time to do something
I've committed to doing and I don't do it because I am "unmotivated", that
is my issue.  It is not Debian's responsibility to motivate me more than
anyone else.  Certainly the only motivation I should need is the
knowledge that I committed to do something and have not rescinded that
commitment.