Re: ITP: initng -- full replacement of the old sysvinit init system

David Paleino wrote:
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:14:57 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:

David Paleino wrote:

Firstly, it's not obsolete, since we only have sysvinit available (if we had
upstart, or something similar to initng, I could've agreed here -- and
upstart in Debian is way more experimental than initng).
I doubt you can back up this claim. My experiences with both initng and upstart have taught me the opposite. upstart was way more reliable and mature.

I can't really back up my claim; it was just my experience after an apt-get
install upstart :)

I'd be very interested in a bug report.

Cheers,
Michael