Re: triggers wishlist

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 08:25:15PM +0000, Joey Hess wrote:
> - update-menus
> 	Run by zillions of postinsts and postrms, many of these can be
> 	gotten rid of entirely by using triggers, which is a big
> 	complexity win.
> 	I have written a patch for initial trigger support in menu. (#473467)

  I thought this one had a custom hack already ? It does not means that
it could not be dropped alltogether though.

> - ldconfig
> 	Seems to be some uncertainty about where it's possible to
> 	triggerize this safely and reliably.

  More importantly, since recently, ldconfig uses a second cache, and
is way faster than before. It seems less than safe to "optimize"
ldconfig through triggers, for a very little gain in the end.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit