Re: How to install Suggested (Was: Are all recommended modules equally important?)

Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, LUK ShunTim wrote:
>
>> "man apt.conf" points you to
>> /usr/share/doc/apt/examples/configure-index.gz. Maybe it has something
>> you want. :-)
>
> Ahhh, nice place to hide some information.  Users only have to
>
> $ find /usr/share/doc/apt -type f -exec zgrep -li suggest \{\} \;
> ./changelog.gz
> ./examples/configure-index.gz

I'm just a user, and not that sophisticated. :-)

[snipped]

> Any body else disagrees that this feature is missing or at least
> de-facto undocumented?

No, no disagreement from me. :-) It'd certainly be nice if all relevant
information are in one place, clear and precise. And a "man whatever"
gives you everything you want.

BTW, it just struck me that the style of the apt.conf manpage is
somewhat different -- more like some explanatory essay than telling you
how to do something. It relegates the details to an example document.

> Kind regards
>
>        Andreas.

Regards,
ST