Re: On the subject of watchfiles (was Re: Proposed MBF: Debian upstream version higher than watch file-reported upstream version)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

Heh, start a bit earlier (think Ruby)... Educate maintainers to
release proper .tar.gz, not braindead .gem packages containing the
equivalent to an orig.tar.gz (but created due to a nice
don't-ask-me-why-that's-not-properly-implemented bug in December 31,
1969)... And then complaining if you are distributing in stable
anything older than their nightly checkouts.

Yes, Perl and the CPAN rock my world, although my programming is
nowadays mostly Ruby-based. The Ruby general mindset is WAY inferior.

What?
I admit I would have been able to parse the contents of your mail
with the same success if you would have written in Spanish. :)
Prehaps it is me who had to get up 4:20 this morning (so I started
*really* early ;-) ) - but I do not even understand whether this is pro or contra proper watch files.

Kind regards

              Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de