Re: the new style "mass tirage" of bugs

Please don't send me copies of messages that are also sent to the
list, as I didn't ask for them.

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

> On Wed February 20 2008 3:43:18 pm Ben Finney wrote:
> > What would you put in place of triage?
>
> I think that the point is that triage should happen at *submission*
> time, not so long later.
> [...]

> There appears to be no place for Debian users to submit OpenOffice
> bugs where a human will investigate.

All good points. Those are problems that need to be addressed.

Orthogonal to that, there are currently packages that (like
openoffice.org) have a lot of bugs of various ages. Triage seems to be
a good approach to deal with those bugs, and fixes to the problems you
point out will not address those existing old bugs. So complaints
about triage of old bugs seems petulant.

--
 \           “The cost of education is trivial compared to the cost of |
  `\                                     ignorance.” —Thomas Jefferson |