Debian mirror CDN had launched.
I am a member of debian mirror administration team in Japan.
I announce I start cdn.debian.net.
At 2008-Feb-05, we had started "cdn.debian.org" on global Debian Mirrors.
This CDN checks your hosts DNS query to retrive your national location.
- If your located country has Debian Mirror, return this mirror site IP address.
- If your located continent has Debian Mirror, return this mirror site IP address.
- If CDN can not find your location, return one of Japan mirror.
- This CDN checks debian rsync mirror process. If mirror site is mirroring, CDN hides this site.
Please use following apt line in /etc/apt/sources.list.
deb http://cdn.debian.net/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://cdn.debian.net/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
Of course, you can change from 'sid' to etch/lenny/stable/unstable....
Technology and Codes:
At first, CDN find requester IP's location by Max-mind DB.
Max-mind DB is same DB file for geoip-bin.deb package.
At 2nd, CDN checks nation/continent rsync footprint on each mirrors.
In order to avoid dead/old/partial mirror.
At last, CDN return nation/continent IP address by DNS-balance (http://openlab.jp/dns_balance/dns_balance.html)
- From July 2007, cdn.debian.or.jp was distributing debian mirror by
With dead/alive chcked wighted Round-Robin CDN in some
debian mirroring sites in Japan.
- From Oct 2007, ftp.jp.debian.org use this.
- Feb. 2008, ftp.jp.debian.org return your world nearest site by MaxMind.
Call for Paticipate:
Now only three DD (these three are Japan residents only) write code and
Actually, we don't have kowledge of all resion/country/continent networks.
Please help us and all of Debian APT users!
If you have some idea, question and suggestion, please contact me.
Of course, I welcome to talk about this in debian-devel!.
All codes are maintained by SVN at https://osdn.debian.or.jp/repos/cdn/trunk/.
Code licence is GPL. I think these codes are usable for other purposes.
ARAKI Yasuhiro <email@example.com> as leader.
MUTO Kenshi <firstname.lastname@example.org> as coordinator of debian-installer.
ISHIKAWA Mutsumi <email@example.com> as Debian mirror coordinator.
ARAKI Yasuhiro <firstname.lastname@example.org>