Re: dash bug which is affecting release goal

On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 20:39 -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> So we should also never upgrade /usr/bin/python, /usr/bin/perl, or
> /usr/bin/gcc to point at a new upstream version because users may have local
> programs that assume particular non-standard behavior from these programs,
> right?

I think that's a different case.  There is a big difference between a
newer version of the same program and a totally different program with
fewer features.

Still, I understand the motivation for the change and I am in support of
it.  I'm just worried also.  Perhaps I'm a needless worrywort.  But all
the attention does seem to have been focused on one specific
case--Debian packages--and not the others.

Thomas