Re: Incorrect use of dpkg conffile suffixes and lintian checks

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 12:54:42PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Why are we copying shell functions off of wikis and embedding them into
> our maintainer scripts instead of adding the code to Debian once in a
> utility?

Full ack.

> (I've considered putting this code in debhelper, but the way it's used
> is not an especially good fit for debhelper.)

Nack. I think debhelper is the right place for this, since it is already
patching maintainer scripts for various reasons. What I would like to
see is a dh_something which would expand my #DEBHELPER# stem in
foo.preinst removing the obsolete conffile mentioned either on the
dh_something command line or in debian/foo.obsoleteconffile or
something.

Do you want a wishlist bugreport on debhelper for this?

Cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/