Re: Opinions needed: reporting lintian overrides

Russ wrote:

>* Show the N: line with a count of overrides per package by default and
>  provide an option to suppress this output if someone wants.
>
>* Don't show the N: line by default and provide an option to turn it on.
>
>Which should we do?

As you might expect (as I was the requester for this feature) I'd
*really* prefer the former option. My initial reasoning for it is that
I want to make it immediately visible to sponsors if a package has
suppressed lintian warnings. If it's not the default behaviour to list
them, then I'd be worried that some people just won't notice.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.