Re: Opinions needed: reporting lintian overrides

On 11253 March 1977, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I'd really like to not have to make this decision myself.  I'd like to get
> opinions and see if a consensus emerges.  I personally always run lintian
> with -iI --show-overrides, so I'm clearly not the target audience for this
> feature one way or the other.  Here are the options:

In the NEW queue lintian gets called as "lintian --show-overrides" on
.deb and .dsc files, and depending on what is overwritten the package
might get rejected.

> * Show the N: line with a count of overrides per package by default and
>   provide an option to suppress this output if someone wants.
> * Don't show the N: line by default and provide an option to turn it on.

> Which should we do?

Show overrides by default. At least one line with "XX overrides active,
YY unused overrides".

bye Joerg
Endianess is the dispute on which end to open an egg at.