Re: Opinions needed: reporting lintian overrides

On la, 2008-01-05 at 13:43 +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> As you might expect (as I was the requester for this feature) I'd
> *really* prefer the former option. My initial reasoning for it is that
> I want to make it immediately visible to sponsors if a package has
> suppressed lintian warnings. If it's not the default behaviour to list
> them, then I'd be worried that some people just won't notice.

This might be too much DWIM, but... supposed lintian would, by default,
report the number of suppressed warnings, but only if the person running
it is not the maintainer? Lintian could use the same logic for
determining the name/address as dch does.

Additionally, there should then be options like
--never-summarize-overrides and --always-summarize-overrides.