Re: Opinions sought: mlocate appropriate for Priority: standard?

 >> $ cat /usr/bin/update-locate.findutils

 > [...]

 >> $ cat /etc/cron.daily/update-locate
 >> #!/bin/sh
 >> if [ -x /usr/sbin/update-locate ]; then
 >>    /usr/sbin/update-locate
 >> fi

 >> Or am I missing something?

 > The fact that people might want to change with which options the
 > respective updatedb is invoked.

	Indeed.  Though I'd prefer for code to stay in /usr.  Combining
	both the configuration and the code in one /etc-script doesn't
	seem to me like a very bright idea.

	Having separate update-locate handle has an additional benefit
	of allowing one to start database update by hand ``in a clean
	way'' (compare, e. g., # /etc/init.d/foo start vs. # invoke-rc.d
	foo start.)

	Whoever does the work does the decision, though.