Re: Opinions sought: mlocate appropriate for Priority: standard?

 >>> I think differently. Particularly given that findutil's locate can
 >>> be installed only as a dependency of other packages. (If this
 >>> wasn't the case, I'd agree your point of view is valid as well.)
 >>> Did you consider this?

 >> I did consider it, but afaik the pulled-in-by-dependency-szenario is
 >> going to be rare.

 > Well, dlocate has 2500 popcon installations, vs. slocate's 1500. So,
 > I'm still convinced findutil's locate's cron script should either
 > only run if it's the configured locate, *or* not run unless enabled
 > in /etc/default/locate.

 > But it's your package and I know how to disable one script for
 > cron, so I won't mention it further. :-)

	May I suggest a single `update-locate' script, with different
	implementations (`update-locate.findutils', etc.) belonging to
	the same alternatives group as `locate' and `updatedb'?  This
	reduces the cron.daily script to a single line of code (though I
	don't know which package to put it in.)

[...]