Re: Opinions sought: mlocate appropriate for Priority: standard?

* Andreas Metzler [Sun, 11 Nov 2007 14:08:50 +0100]:

> If we have got (at least temporarily) three locate packages in Debian
> we probably need to switch to alternatives. (Currently slocate uses
> dpkg-divert.)

Yes, though the slocate maintainer scripts scare the hell out of me, and
ISTR that the maintainer is somewhat MIA. Shall we make coordinated
uploads of your locate and mine, and propose a patch to slocate? (I can
prepare it, my fears notwithstanding.) I guess dlocate would need an
upload as well.

How to handle the cron.daily script, though?

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Mankind are very odd creatures: one half censure what they practice, the
other half practice what they censure; the rest always say and do as
they ought.
                -- Michel de Montaigne