Re: Opinions sought: mlocate appropriate for Priority: standard?

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:
> * Andreas Metzler [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:43:57 +0100]:
>> I would propose to simply have the GNU locate package
>> use find-daily.defaults instead of /etc/updatedb.conf.

> Sounds good. How will you handle the migration from /etc/updatedb.conf?
> How about rm'ing from findutils postinst if the md5sum matches, and
> moving it to find-daily.defaults if it doesn't? (Since dpkg will not
> remove disappeared conffiles itself.)

> And, for the same reason, remove /etc/cron.daily/find?

Hello,
I ended up doing it a little bit differently. locate's cronjob is
configured directly in /etc/cron.daily/find, findutils removes the
orphaned conffiles using
<http://wiki.debian.org/DpkgConffileHandling>.
cu andreas
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-findutils/branches/branch-4.3.x-exp/