Re: Mysterious NMU (Bug #423455)

On Mon, 14 May 2007, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> > >                     Should be ${source:Version}. pure-ftpd-common is
> > >                     arch:all.
> >
> > I changed that and uploaded new packages. Thanks for you quick help!

> As you can see, it does not help: proftpd-ldap is (was starting from
> next upload, thanks God) an all-type fake package with a ${source:Version}
> dependency in place. That strict dep was probably supefluous in the upgrading
> path for etch, but that's another aspect...

Your case is different. Arch: all can't depend on arch: any with a
equal-versioned dependency since they are not regenerated during a bin-NMU.
However the example above was the contrary, an arch: any package depending
on an arch: all. And Dato was right.

Your case is probably better handled with a simple higher-or-equal dependency.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog