Re: packages newer in Ubuntu than in Debian (reduced false positives)

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 23:16 -0500, Peter Samuelson wrote:
> [Bart Martens]
> > I've thought about adding an column for the versions in experimental,
> > but that is not a high priority to me because this does not change
> > that Debian Unstable is outdated for the listed packages.
>
> Uhhhhh ... I thought the point of your project was to help package
> maintainers.  Obviously if the maintainer has put something in
> experimental, he has already done the work to package it!
>
> Wouldn't putting the experimental version in your table be _more_
> useful than the sid version, if it's newer?

It is of course very good that during "Etch freeze" some packagers have
already packaged newer versions in Experimental.  I intend to add a
column for the versions available in Experimental, to express
appropriate appreciation for those packagers.  OK for you?

Regards,

Bart Martens