Re: packages newer in Ubuntu than in Debian (reduced false positives)

Hello!

On Tue, 01 May 2007 14:02:16 +0200, Bart Martens wrote:
> I have updated the list to hide packages with identical upstream
> version numbers but with different epochs.  This might hide some
> real positives but most likely hides more false positives.

I suggest to take into account experimental, too.  Some examples
randomly taken...

- amarok (same version in Debian experimental and Ubuntu)

    etch            1.4.4-4
    sid             1.4.4-4+b1
    experimental    1.4.5-3
    ubuntu          2:1.4.5-0ubuntu7

- gnome-screensaver (the Debian version in experimental is just one
                     upstream release behind Ubuntu)

    etch            2.14.3-3
    sid             2.14.3-4
    experimental    2.18.0-1
    ubuntu          2.18.1-0ubuntu1

- liferea (the Debian version in experimental is still lagging behind
           Ubuntu, but not so far as the etch version)

    etch            1.0.27-2
    sid             1.0.27-2
    experimental    1.2.7-1
    ubuntu          1.2.10c-0ubuntu1

- rhythmbox (same version in Debian experimental and Ubuntu)

    etch             0.9.6-8
    sid              0.9.6-9
    experimental     0.10.0-1
    ubuntu           0.10.0-0ubuntu2