Re: Debian Development environments.

Qui, 2007-04-12 às 20:40 +0200, Andrea Bolognani escreveu:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:27:25 +0200
> Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 20:25:35 +0200, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> >
> > > Still I don't see the advantage of having a complete development
> > > environment on a live CD. Who is supposed to use this?
> > >
> > Students, who typically only have a windows install at home.  It's much
> > easier (for them and for the teachers) to give them a live cd with
> > everything they might need for their university projects (at least in
> > the first few years) than to give them instructions to get a useful
> > development environment under windows.
>
> You convinced me ;)
>
> (I prefer the approach they use in my university: it's like "GNU/Linux is
> the reference operating system in this course, so if you don't have it
> installed, you're better installing it quickly!" But I'm going OT now :)

To add to this, the live cd can be installed in the hard drive.
So, if a windows developer grabs the C# debian development disk and
checks that it's programs really work in debian, he will gradually
change.

We can make these cd's easilly available ( thanks to the live project
people ) because they can be built with a list of packages. One we have
some development meta-packages, we can make these cd's with tasksel's
desktop task + devel metapackages.

So i can go to my "industrial informatics" teacher a show him that he
can develop visual basic applications in linux.