Debian Development environments.

Qua, 2007-04-11 às 22:56 +0200, Michael Banck escreveu:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 08:01:09PM +0100, Luis Matos wrote:
> > Visual Studio makes the job for non-professional programmers a pretty
> > good job.
>
> Please remember that this is debian-devel and not some general
> discussion forum.

Please allow me do a small fast question/comment.

I think debian has some closed doors on developpers that come from
windows.

Tasksel has no devel task.

There are no development environments for example: C/gtk, C#/GTK,
Java/Gtk, python/gtk pre-defined.

Environments where developpers can simply install and start working.

There is no standard IDE (ok, i know mono for gtk#, bluefish for web
stuff, anjuta for C, Kdevelop for a bunch  - that is very good, ok...
vim and emacs) that people can use in a Visual Studio Way.

i don't mean all the debug and etc stuff... But the a beginner
environment for people to start to use and learn about linux
development.

It's not a great dificulty to set this up, but having this prepared
makes things easier for windows to linux developers.

It is a good thing to put in lenny.