Re: Shouldn't apt-listchanges be Priority: standard?

Quoting Philippe Cloutier (chealer@gmail.com):

>> Could we consider increasign the priority of apt-listchanges so that
>> it is installed by default?
> I'm against making it standard, because currently tasksel doesn't ask if a
> recommendation should be installed, so when we make tasksel install
> recommendations by default, apt-listchanges would bring in GTK+ and company
> (due to its recommendation of python-glade2). This is useless for X-less
> installs.

"Throwing away the baby with the bath's water", no? :-)

I'm pretty sure that Pierre would downgrade the recommendation to a
suggestion in case apt-listchanges is "Priority: standard", n'est-ce
pas Pierre?