Re: Bits from the MIA team

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007, Nico Golde wrote:
> > To make sure packages don't end up with only inactive (co-)maintainers.
>
> That could be avoided if you check that every maintainer of
> the package is MIA.

A MIA-check is not something instantaneous. It takes several months. So
it's not really possible...

> I still don't see a reason for a bug. An active maintainer
> will notice this and will fix it by himself I guess.

I don't agree with this. In a team, it's difficult to notice that one
member disappeared. And lack of involvement in one package doesn't mean
being completely MIA. As co-maintainer I wouldn't want to remove someone
if I'm not sure that he won't come back.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog