Re: Bits from the MIA team

Nico Golde wrote:
> Hi Mario,
> * Mario Iseli <mario@debian.org> [2007-12-06 21:33]:
> [...]
>> Team maintenance
>> ================
>> If one package of the person is maintained in a team, at the step where we send
>> the prod-mail we file a Bug of severity "serious" against the package,
>> requesting that the person is being removed from the
>> Uploaders/Maintainers-field. At the point where we orphan the packages, and the
>> person isn't removed from those fields, we just make an NMU to enforce this.
>> Don't forget to set these usertags:
>> User: mia@qa.debian.org
>> Usertags: mia-teammaint
>
> What is the purpose of this? If the package is well
> maintained I think it's really
> questionable that an inactive co-maintainer justifies a
> source upload just because his name is in the control file
> (like for example in #455011).

To make sure packages don't end up with only inactive (co-)maintainers.

If a package is well maintained it's perfectly ok to lower the
importance of the bug and fix the issue in the next upload...

> I also don't think that an inactive co-maintainer should be
> a justification to stop a package to migrate to testing.
> What is the rationale here?

Same as above, the active (co-)maintainer should drop the severity
otherwise it's better to orphan the package.

Cheers

Luk