Re: Bits from the MIA team

Hi Luk,
* Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> [2007-12-08 18:21]:
> Nico Golde wrote:
> > Hi Mario,
> > * Mario Iseli <mario@debian.org> [2007-12-06 21:33]:
[...]
> > What is the purpose of this? If the package is well
> > maintained I think it's really
> > questionable that an inactive co-maintainer justifies a
> > source upload just because his name is in the control file
> > (like for example in #455011).
>
> To make sure packages don't end up with only inactive (co-)maintainers.

That could be avoided if you check that every maintainer of
the package is MIA.

> If a package is well maintained it's perfectly ok to lower the
> importance of the bug and fix the issue in the next upload...

I still don't see a reason for a bug. An active maintainer
will notice this and will fix it by himself I guess.
To me this is not very different from filing a bug for an outdated
standards version (e.g. 3.7.2) even if no package changes
are needed.

Cheers
Nico
--