Re: RC buggy package migrated to testing

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 04:49:31PM -0700, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2007 11:05 PM, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 05:52:31PM -0700, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> > > azureus has a RC bug filed against it, #449176. Why did it migrate to
> > > testing?

> > Because there's no version information on bug #449176, so britney concludes
> > that both the old and new versions of the package are equally buggy.

> That does not seem like a very safe default behaviour. When a new RC
> bug has been submitted, it's a rather likely situation that the bug is
> present in unstable and wasn't present before.

The vast majority of bug submitters use tools that document the version
number of the package they're reporting the bug against.  The current BTS
semantics with regard to bug versioning have been widely discussed and are
in place for well over a year.  I suggest you update your expectations
regarding the meaning of a bug report with no version information and no
suite tags...