Re: dh_installinit

> On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 09:25:11PM +0100, Arthur de Jong wrote:

>> This seems to be quite common code (from one of my packages (cvsd),
>> don't know what the original source for this code was):

>>   m=sysconf(_SC_OPEN_MAX);
>>   for (i=0;i<m;i++)
>>     close(i);

>> There are hurd packages for this package so that should also work.

> I wouldn't be so quick to assume that sysconf(_SC_OPEN_MAX) does anything
> useful on Hurd at runtime.

Plus, I suppose making 65,000 pointless system calls during the startup of
a daemon (not a particularly surprising value for the limit on open file
descriptors) isn't really that big of a deal, but it feels kind of "ugh"
to me.  If every daemon does that, I wonder if it would have a noticable
impact on startup speed.  Probably not, since in Linux system calls are
pretty fast, but that's a large multiplicative factor.