Re: dh_installinit

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:45:01 -0800, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> said:
>> I'd say that passing the open debconf file descriptor to the
>> daemon is wrong regardless of whether the daemon closes it or not.
>
>         Yes.

I agree, too. If I remember correctly, there has been discussion in libc and/or
kernel to be able to open files with random high-numbered file descriptors. When
these mechanisms will be ready, a deamon will be unable to close all its file
descriptors (unless it closes the whole range of fd (0--2^16 ?) or unless an
application can get a list of its open fds).

  Vincent